Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Procrastination

Merriam-Webster's definition of Procrastinate:
: to put off intentionally and habitually 
: to put off intentionally the doing of something that should be done 


There are now approximately 3.5 days left in 2010.  What have you put off intentionally?  Wouldn't it be nice to start 2011 fresh with those things done?  I'm guilty of procrastination.  I use the ToDo app on my iPod. It's a to do list/checklist application.  I really like that you can set up recurring task reminders.  Every time I open the app, I have 3 overdue tasks staring at me in bright red.  All 3 tasks involve paperwork.  Blah.  I keep telling myself that if I just make time to sit down & get these 3 things done, they most likely will not be as hard or tedious as I'm anticipating.  I also keep reminding myself of how good I'll feel once they are done.  But here I sit writing this blog about it and the items remain undone.  A good thing about writing about this is that it helps hold me accountable.  I am sharing with the world that I have put these things off, and now I'll be a little embarrassed if I do not buckle down & knock them off my checklist by today or year end.  So let's do ourselves a favor & tell someone or share here about what you've been procrastinating about. Now as Nike says, "Just Do It!" and let's start the New Year off with a clear to do list . . . for a little while anyways :)

1 comment :

  1. Love these tips on breaking habit of procrastination by Julie Morgenstern. Oh, and by the way, I have started 1 of my 3 paperwork tasks.
    http://www.tipsonlifeandlove.com/self-help/6-ways-to-break-your-habit-of-procrastinating

    ReplyDelete