Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Menu Plan Monday Update

Hello! I hope everyone is having a fabulous holiday season! I am really looking forward to the New Year! I am hoping that my continual goal of simplicity allows more time to Blog. One thing I have learned about trying to have a simple lifestyle, it requires constant change. For quite a while now I have been getting CSA Boxes from Underwood Family Farms. We have really enjoyed the boxes. Even my kids get excited to see what is in them each week. However, I am going to be trying something new. After much thought & reflection, I have decided it's just too much for our family right now. The boxes did force me to work more veggies into our menu and I loved the quality of produce we got. We just had too much stuff, even with the small box, and I found I would like a little more control over the amount of each item we got. For example, lately there has been a ton of lettuce & mizuna in the box, which is great if we are eating salads all week, but my kids don't eat salads yet & I get bored of the same stuff all the time. There would also sometimes be something I absolutely loved, like fennel, but we would only get 1 bulb & I found myself wanting more. I still highly recommend Underwood Family Farms CSA Boxes, especially if you have a larger family and are looking to work more fresh, quality produce into your menu. It's just a bit overwhelming for us right now.

So, with that, this week I will be starting my new strategy. For produce I will be shopping at Sprouts on Wednesdays, when they have their double ad days (this weeks ad & last weeks ad are active). A few friends of mine do this & walk out with great deals! I love that Sprouts has their ads online as well - you can even click on the items you want & create & print out your shopping list.

I will most likely not be posting our menu plans anymore, but I will have lots of fun & new topics focused on simplicity for the new year.

1 comment :

  1. Sprouts Wednesday is part of my food-planning ritual, carrots are the best in the CV in my opinion, and I always get healthy foundations for veggie/grain-based meals. Thx Doc:)

    ReplyDelete